30 April 2014

wear for wee ones

As I told you last week, I am starting my new kids label: Finch + Agnes!

'Kids' is maybe not the right term for my target group, since the items will be for babies and toddlers: from 3 months till 2 years (European size 62-92). Let me explain: during their first few months, I've always dressed my boys in onesies. I found these the most comfortable, plus also very cute on newborns. Also from 2 years on, there seem to be so much more options in clothing, plus my boys are starting to have an opinion of their own - I only really have experience with boys' clothing though. It's the ages in between I have found the most difficult to shop for.

First I wanted to start a boys' only line, foremost because boys clothing is sooo boring. Hence also this blog. But in time I found out 1) girls' apparel can be dull and all the same too, and 2) I quite like this new trend with girls dressing more 'boyish' and boys dressing more 'girlish'. In the end it all comes down to comfort, right?

Sure, we want our kids to look cute, cool, nice. That's the whole thing: create clothing that is appealing to me (as a mother) as well as being wearable for the wee ones. It's been a long road, with lots of bumps and u-turns, but I think I've found my style, the Finch + Agnes style.

Inspiration for Finch + Agnes you can find here: www.pinterest.com/finchandagnes

















Also, I plan to keep posting about fun brands, cool items and new collections on this blog too. The world (and a kid's closet!) is big enough for many brands, so I definitely want to keep giving a shout out to good design.

P.S. I will keep my personal Pinterest account: www.pinterest.com/bregje

No comments:

Post a Comment